Wednesday 2 April 2014

Construction Project Day #15

On day 15 I wanted to dramatically reduce the amount of materials I used within the work to a bare minimum, so I decided to employ just two light bulbs and two rolls of paper for today. 

I changed around the coloured light pairing between the three primary colours in order for the saturate hues to take on the secondary colours.

The paper almost resembles fabric because of its semi-translucent quality, allowing just enough light to seep through and highlight the space around.

As with previous works, I am interested in the balance between partly illustrating the working mechanisms and allowing the viewer a glimpse of how the light radiates, therefore highlighting parts or part of the gallery or space that is never normally recognised and demonstrating colour theory in action.







No comments:

Post a Comment